For the past 10 years, IAAD – the Italian University for Design has organized the IAAD TURIN DESIGN WORKSHOP, a system of interdisciplinary workshops that involves students, teachers, and representatives of the world of culture. The city of Turin is the playing field on which ideas will be transformed into concrete projects, during a week of collaborative work.
“Digital Humanity” will be the main theme of the 10th edition, to be held from February 10th through the 15th, 2019.
In the last 20 years, scientific and technological progress have advanced with an acceleration never experienced in human history. Hundreds of studies, research projects, and analyses have been carried out in order to try to foresee and understand new applications and the impact of scientific/technological discoveries on our current and future lives, generating, each time, both positive utopian visions and dark dystopian futures. The work will be coordinated by the protagonists of IAAD’s new Department of Innovation Design, with the aim of stimulating thoughts and providing new perspectives on the present and future implications of the technical-digital revolution on the human species. Geoff Mulgan, CEO of NESTA UK and President of the Innovation Design Department, will be the special guest of this tenth edition with a talk to take place on Wednesday, February 13, at the Oval Lingotto Fiere.
The workshops, 10 in total, will include intellectual contributions from public and private companies and exponents of the world of design and culture. More than 300 students from various international universities will take part in the event, including IAAD and AD Education (Paris, Lyon, Nice, Bordeaux, Nancy – France), Tiltan College of Design & Multimedia (Haifa – Israel) and Tokyo Metropolitan University (Japan).
• AUGMENTED INTELLIGENCE: BEYOND THE TURING TEST – By Gianpaolo Barozzi, Strategic Director of the IAAD “Innovation design” Department
• LOVE AND HATE: EMOTIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS IN A DIGITAL REALM – By Laura Rolle, IAAD Professor
• THE NEW HABITAT: THE EVOLUTION OF OUR ECOSYSTEM – By Walter Nicolino, IAAD Coordinator of the First Level Academic Diploma in “Interior design”
• UBIQUITY: NOW-HERE, NO-WHERE, EVERY-WHERE, ALWAYS – By Ivan Stammelluti, Senior Consultant at The European House – Ambrosetti
• DIGITAL SOUL: THE LIQUID SELF – By Giuseppina Di Paola, IAAD Coordinator of the First Level Academic Diploma in “Textile & Fashion design” IAAD
• WE’RE CYBORGS: I-ROBOT – By Guido Meak, IAAD Coordinator of the Master course in “Innovation design” IAAD
• LUDUS IN FABULA: FUN MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND – By Massimo Morelli, IAAD Coordinator of the Master course in “New Media Communication”
• MASTER ARTISANS ARE BACK: DIGITAL CRAFTSMANSHIP AND MANUFACTURING – By Massimo Temporelli, President and co-founder of The FabLab
• ULTRA-MINDS: PERCEPTION AND LEARNING AT THE NEXT LEVEL – By Giorgio Calandri, IAAD Professor
• SHARING HORIZONS – By Andrea Bozzo, Coordinator of the First Level Academic Diploma in “Communication design” IAAD
• Opening Conference: Sunday, February 10, from 3:30 PM at the Cinema Massimo – via Giuseppe Verdi, 18 – Torino.
• A&T Opening Conference // Torino Talks: Wednesday, February 13, from 11 AM at the Oval Lingotto Fiere – via Nizza, 294 – Torino.
• Closing Conference: Friday, February 15, from 3 PM at the Oval Lingotto Fiere – via Nizza, 294 – Torino.