- This event has passed.
Turin Design Workshop 2018 – Identity and Change
12 February 2018 @ 10:30 - 17 February 2018 @ 13:30
IDENTITY AND CHANGE
From February 12th to 17th, 2018
For the past nine years, the IAAD TURIN DESIGN WORKSHOP has been a central part of IAAD’s teaching, with the primary goal of encouraging students to go beyond their disciplinary boundaries and challenge themselves, first of all as citizens, with the real problems of the community.
2018, the year in which IAAD will celebrate 40 years of activity, will be the occasion to ask for a more introspective effort, that is, to recount our University by examining the past experiences and future expectations of those who have been touched by it.
The cornerstone of this IX edition is the territory, from a local and global perpective, which always originates from the city, the daily theater of dynamics reproducible on a large scale: sustainability, urban regeneration, economic crisis, vision and new business languages, that means transformation in the broadest sense of the term.
Identity and Change are the two main themes through which IAAD may be summed up, through an introspective analysis of past, present and future; a story-project that involves the world of universities, companies of institutions and culture.
The suggestive setting of the opening and closing event will be the Conference Center of the Unione Industriale Torino.
One of the official partners of the event will be the Compagnia di San Paolo, foundation that has always played a role in social activities aimed at favoring civil, cultural and economic development of the territory. The collaboration with IAAD will be dedicated to the development of a common path in order to contribute, through creativity and design, to the growth of the community.
The special guest of the conference will be the sociologist Francesco Morace, founder and president of the research institute “Future Concept Lab” and creator of the “Festival della Crescita”.
The workshops, 8 in total, will include intellectual contributions from public and private companies and exponents of the world of design and culture. More than 250 students from various international universities will take part in the event, including IAAD and AD Education (a leading French network of private schools of applied arts and design), Tiltan College of Design & Multimedia (Haifa – Israel) and Tokyo Metropolitan University (Japan).
• IAAD WEB KNOWLEDGE – by Federico De Giuli, Director of the Scientific Board
• IDENTITY AND SPACES – by Walter Nicolino, Coordinator of the “Interior Design” Department
• THE FUTURE IDENTITY OF TRANSPORTATION DESIGN: UNDERSTAND THE FUTURE THROUGH THE PAST – by Pietro Nume, Coordinator of the “Transportation Design” Department
• FROM THE TRADITION OF THE TERRITORY TO NEW CLASSICS – by Davide Negri, Coordinator of the “Product Design” Department
• 40 YEARS OF FASHION, 40 YEARS OF IAAD: FASHION’S TRANSFORMATIONS , INTERPRETATIONS OF CHANGE – by Giuseppina Di Paola, Coordinator of the “Textile & Fashion Design” Department
• IAAD CREATIVE SOCIAL NETWORK – by Pietro Birindelli, Strategic Director of IAAD Master in Photography for Communication
• HOW TO BUILD A CASTLE IN THE AIR (AND OTHER CAREFREE THOUGHTS) – by Lorenzo De Rita, Strategic Director of the “Communication Design” Department
• NARRATIVE COMES FROM IDENTITY – by Andrea Bozzo, Coordinator of the “Communication Design” Department
• Opening Conference: Monday, February 12, 2018, from 10:30 AM at the Conference Center of the Unione Industriale Torino – Via Vincenzo Vela, 17 – Torino
• Closing Conference: Saturday, February 17, 2018, from 10 AM to 1 PM at the Conference Center of the Unione Industriale Torino – Via Vincenzo Vela, 17 – Torino